Friday, January 25, 2013

Supernatural Strength


“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1, KJV

Have you ever felt like you didn’t have the strength to finish the task? Ever felt weak - so weak that a hundred cups of coffee wouldn’t help? It seems like we all face times or even seasons when we feel like that. When we do, we need to remember the powerful words from today’s text:

“The Lord is the strength of my life.”

Those are some pretty powerful words-- words that you can bank on. Jesus has never run out of strength. In His weakest moment while being tempted in the wilderness He had the strength to stare down the devil and laugh off every temptation. That’s all well and good, but how does that help us? Well, here’s the good news, are you ready? His strength is available to us. I like what Psalm 18:32 says, “It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.”

When the Apostle Paul was going through some stuff that weakened him greatly, he turned to God and this was God’s response, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Let’s not forget that God designed us to be dependent upon Him, and that’s a good thing. Relying on the strength of God is not a sign of weakness, it is an expression of faith. God is all we need, He is more than enough, and His strength is indeed sufficient for all of us.

So lean on Him today. Call upon the name of Jesus, and see how much you can accomplish when you trust God to bring you all the strength you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment