Friday, October 5, 2012

No Strings Attached


When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’" Matthew 3:16-17, NKJV

I love the timing of the words that God spoke over His Son Jesus as He was being baptized. Jesus had yet to perform a single miracle. He hadn’t turned water into wine. He hadn’t walked on water. He hadn’t healed a single person, nor spent one second in public ministry. He was just God’s son and that alone pleased His Father.

Did you know that God sees you the exact same way? You are a wonderfully designed creation of the Great Almighty and He is well pleased with you. You can’t do anything to earn God’s love, nor do anything to lose it. He just flat out loves you. Let that sink in for a minute, it will warm your soul. We so often connect some kind of behavior or human effort to receiving God’s affection, but actually it’s not tied to anything we do. He just loves us with no strings attached.

So today, just relax and know that you are loved by God. It’s that knowledge that helps us return that affection back toward Him.

“We love Him, because He first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, NKJV)

Wow, isn’t that awesome? God is reminding us that we don’t have to manufacture a love for Him, we can simply reflect the love He has for us back to Him. So enjoy your day and walk in the security that God loves you with no strings attached. Let His words, “this is my beloved son (or daughter) in whom I am well pleased” ring in your ears, and satisfy your heart.

“Father, thank you for loving me for who I am. I appreciate the security that I feel in my heart knowing that I don’t need to do anything to earn Your love. And because of it I choose to direct my affection back towards You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment